Methods of Making Free Calls to India by Resident Indians
If you are residing in India and want to make free calls to your friends (who also are living in India), then you have very limited options. Currently there are four genuine options:-
- FreeKall is a new concept wherein any mobile user in India would be able to make free calls for 12 minutes even without Internet. All you need to do is, make a call to 080-49202060 or 080-67683693 after which the call will drop. Then you will receive a call on your number. Pick up the call and dial the number on which you want to make a call and you will be connected to that number. It is an advertisement supported service and you will hear a 10-second audio advertisements after every 2 minutes during the free call.
- Register on http://www.fcall.in using your active mobile phone number in India and enjoy free calls to India for upto 4 minutes. This is advertisement supported free call service and users get this free calling service in exchange for opting in to have targeted ads displayed to them. This service can be used only for making personal calls to known persons. This service must not be used for selling a product or service or for any commercial purpose. Limit of 10 calls per day apply.
- Register on site2sms.com using your mobile number and make maximum of 20 free calls of 2 minutes each per day. When you dial a number using this service, it will call that number first and as soon as your friend picks the phone call, it will then call your mobile and after you answer it, you both will be able to talk to each other free for 2 minutes. You can make a maximum of 20 such calls per day. The numbers registered for DND can not be called using this service.
- Use Call2Friends to make PC to Phone free call of 50 seconds.
- The most reliable option that I like the most is to use smartphone apps like Line, Skype, Fring, Talkonaut, Nimbuzz etc and make calls from one smartphone to another using internet connection. For this to succeed its important that both the call maker and call receiver have smartphones with desired messenger app and internet activated in their mobiles.
When using this option, it is advisable to have unlimited 3G plan activated on your mobile like the Rupees 198 plan of Aircel that offers 1GB 3G data and 1.5 GB 2G data and then unlimited @ 40kbps. Or use a prepaid sim when subscribing to a limited usage plan.
Methods of Making Free Calls to India by Non Resident Indians
If you are not living in India and want to make calls to Indian landline and mobile numbers from abroad, then first you must check if VoIP is allowed in your country of residence. In some Arab countries it is illegal to make VoIP Calls. So, be careful.
Totally Free Calls:
For making free calls to India from overseas,you can use services of many voip and calling card companies. Most of these companies provide free calls of limited duration and may be advertisement supported. Remember these services are only for people residing and calling from other countries like USA, Canada, Europe, France, Australia etc.
|Service||Duration of Free Calls to INdia
|UnlimitedIndiaCalling||120 minutes or 2 hours of free calls to Indian Landline or Mobile Phones||Registration requires a valid Credit or Debit Card. No obligation to subscribe to Paid Service. Offer valid for USA Only.|
|Freephone2phone||10 minute call to Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Kerala, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Punjab, and Tamilnadu. 6 Minute Call to other destinations.||Advertisement (10-12 seconds) supported Offer. Charges to dial access number apply. Valid in USA Only.|
|Call2Friends||50 seconds free calls to India. This duration is generally increased on festive occasions.||Only PC to Mobile Calls|
Free Calls to India on Subscribing to a Plan
|Service||Duration of Free Calls to INdia||Main Conditions|
|Ringtoindia||30 minutes free calls to India on signup and top up of $10 or more. Another 30 minutes free when you refer a friend.|